Bristol Village Cohousing is working to create and sustain a vibrant, multi-generational neighborhood in the heart of Bristol, Vermont –- to be neighborly in the best sense of the word, with each other and the wider community.
Our housing will be surrounded by gardens of flowers, fruits and vegetables and built to meet high standards of energy efficiency, reflecting Vermont's and Addison County's spirit of self-reliance. We welcome interested people of all ages and income levels.
We share resources, meals, community work and decision-making. We are grateful for the opportunity to be good stewards of our little corner of Vermont, and a positive model for sustainable living.
Our Ten Values:
- We value design that promotes community and partnership with the natural world.
- We promote sustainability, energy efficiency and a smaller ecological footprint.
- We embrace the advantages of living in Bristol village: walking to shops, eateries, parks, medical services, schools, library, and civic events.
- We understand that privacy and community must be built into our design and community agreements.
- We welcome the joy of common meals and regular gatherings.
- We practice self-governance with a modified consensus decision-making process.
- We desire to live simply while sharing our resources and talents.
- We are committed to affordability and diversity, and a community that understands the importance of laughter, working together, and celebrating our differences.
- We believe in regular, respectful communication with members and neighbors and healthy conflict resolution techniques.
- We support opportunities for continued learning and creative outlets.