Our Historic Common House
The Common House is located in an Italianate-style house, built in 1863. Since only two families owned the house before us, its distinctive features have largely been preserved.
One addition to the original house is a large, sunny and modern kitchen/dining area, a perfect beginning for community meals and events. The house also has:
- A full, heated basement
- Three large rooms on the first floor
- Four large bedrooms upstairs
- Beautiful period details – grand entrance hall, moldings, tall windows, an elegant staircase, high ceilings
Our plan for this house includes:
- Using the kitchen for common meals and large cooking projects
- Having bedrooms available for guests of members of our community
- Creating a studio apartment for seasonal rentals
- Allowing members of our community to decide what other common uses we’ll want in the house. Game room? Music room? Kid’s playroom? Library? Craft space? TBD before move-in.